Today was a special day! We were able to go to Logan and watch Conner in his primary program. As I watched all the beautiful children expressing ways they had learned they were children of God, I couldn't help but reflect on the teachers in mine and my children's life. I remembered clearly the Primary Sacrament Program when I was 11 (Yes, Rachel, they even had primary programs in the dark ages, te hee hee) and how excited I was to sing our new Stairway to Heaven song. (Not the pop song of Stairway to Heaven) I reflected on the many programs my children had been in both church and school. I looked at the places in life my children are at now and my heart overflowed with gratitude for the help that is abounding in good works out there from the Sunday School teachers, school teachers, the Bro. Tufts and the Sister Hoopes of the world. I am sure each of my children could name different teachers who have taught and led them, for this I am grateful. We are told the Lord is with us always through His Spirit. I also believe he uses people to answer our prayers. How wonderful it is after we are taught we can then teach and the circle of life goes on! If any of you out there have been reading my gratitude journal, I just want to tell you what an awesome adventure this has been for me. Each day I reflect on what I want to blog about and my heart just overfills with ideas of gratitude. It has brought a little sunshine back into my life as I have concentrated on what is good in my life, instead of bemoaning what may be wrong or hard. My goal was to keep this up until Thanksgiving, but I know I will have too many entries to quit then! And for my children reading this,....remember,
when you have a gratitude attitude, you are the happiest kind of girl or boy! Now go out and teach and share!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your gratitude journal...it's been very nice and uplifting to read. It has helped me ponder about the things I am grateful for, and it is nice to remember those things instead of the negatives! :)
Brad and I are both enjoying your gratitude journal. We agree that we don't always have the opportunity to see this side of you and is a great blessing to be able to read your praises of others. Thanks mom!
Post a Comment